Thursday, June 28, 2007

RAOD TRIP!!!


My wife and I are about to leave on a road trip. For nine plus hours we get to ride together...alone. No one else will be in the car. Just us and the road ahead. Oh the joy. When my wife and I first started dating we took a long road trip to see her sister play basketball and when we left she said this to me, "Relationships can be made or broken by road trips." Gulp. We hadn't been dating long before we took this trip and after her words of wisdom, I was hoping we would still be dating by the journey's end. At our destination point I was able to meet her sisters, parents, aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandparents. It pretty much could have been the road trip to end all road trips, but made it through and we still liked each other. I wonder what a road trip with God would be like. In every road trip you get to share life with the other people traveling with you, have some great conversations, and maybe see great things. Could you imagine what you and God would talk about? You could ask Him who killed JFK and you wouldn't get the run around. You could have some deep, intimate conversations. You could see all of the things that He created and watch Him do some amazing things. It would just be awesome. I think it is about time that God and I, maybe God and you, take a road trip and make a great relationship again. I bet by the end of the trip God and I will still get along.

No comments: